Quick Quote Calculator
6 years

Please note that this calculator only provides an indicative quote and actual repayments may vary. Lending terms and conditions apply.

ProEnergy
Home Improvement Loan - with 35% Grant

4.25% Variable
(4.33% APR*)

Improve the energy efficiency of your home and receive SEAI grant funding of 35%.

Limited Time Offer – All Expressions of Interest must be received before 30 August 2019, all works must be completed by 30 September 2019. 

How Does It Work?

Get started by completing an Expression of Interest Form by clicking here.
Closing date for expression of interests is 30 August 2019

Free Energy Survey

A dedicated project manager from REIL will contact you to arrange a Free Energy Rating Survey worth €500.

Energy Report

You'll receive an energy report detailing ways to improve the energy efficiency of your home including the costs of each option within 7 working days.

Loan Application

Once you decide which improvements you wish to make, you then apply to St. Raphael's for a loan to cover 65% of the total cost.

Work Begins

REIL arrange contractors and oversee all works. On completion, REIL will arrange a completion survey to certify that all works have been completed to regulation standards.

Completion

REIL arranges your grant application with SEAI who will provide 35% grant funding. You'll need to pay the remaining 65% using your credit union loan.

Example

Cost of Home Energy Upgrades: €15,000

SEAI Grant Provided (35%): -€5,250

Amount you’ll need to borrow: €9,750

Terms

  • Home must be built before 2006
  • A minimum of 2 qualifying work must be completed
  • SEAI provide 35% funds, remaining 65% to be funded by Credit Union loan
  • Expressions of Interest must be completed by 30 August 2019

Who's Involved?

St Raphael's

St. Raphael’s are providing members with a low-interest rate loan to improve the energy efficiency of your home. 

SEAI

The project is part funded (35%) by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). 

REIL

Retrofit Ireland (REIL) are experts in the project management of home upgrade works and will ensure that all works are done to a minimum standard.

FAQ

Yes this is a limited time pilot scheme. All expressions of interest must be completed by 30 August 2019, and all works must be completed by 30th September 2019. 

The scheme is designed to improve the energy efficiency of homes built before 2006. This includes; 

  • Insulation (attic, cavity wall, internal wall, external wall), 
  • Heading upgrades – heating controls, solid fuel stoves, solar thermal panels, heat pump
  • Other – windows and doors, solar (electricity) and battery

Terms and conditions apply.

REIL arrange all contractors and oversee all works. 

REIL are liable for the work of all their tradespeople and if work is not completed to a regulatory standard, REIL will cover the costs of the works being re-done. 

No, REIL will arranges for your grant application. 

Simply complete the Expression of Interest Form which can be found by Clicking Here

No, the grant is only available for works being carried out for the first time. 

Yes, the 35% grant applies to applicants how are applying through their credit union only. 

Once we’re received your expression of interest form, a surveyor will be in touch within 3 days to arrange your free property survey. 

A survey report will be issued to you within 7 days. This is valid for 30 days and you can then decide whether you wish to proceed or not. 

The survey which usually costs €500, is provided free of charge and will detail any improvements which can be made to improve the energy efficiency of your home. 

The grant is automatically approved for anyone carrying out works thought the Pro Energy Scheme

No, a well rated home may still benefit from upgrades such as solar panels or heating controls. 

No, for any uses outside the scope of the grant, you will need to apply for a separate loan type.

No, as this is a pilot scheme. 

The current offer is a pilot scheme. We hope to run another round of this scheme early next year.

Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.

Warning: The cost of your repayments may increase.

Other Information

Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Credit facilities are subject to repayment capacity and financial status and are not available to persons under 18 years of age. Security may be required. A typical €30,000 five year loan with a variable interest rate of 4.25% and 4.33% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), where the APR does not vary during the term, would have monthly repayments of €555.89 and the total cost of credit (the total amount repayable less the amount of the loan) would be €3,353.20.

*APR = Annual Percentage Rate

All loan funds are made payable to Retrofit Ireland.