Joining St Raphael’s Garda Credit Union Ltd is the best decision you could take for your money. St Raphael’s Garda Credit Union Ltd allows people in the Garda community come together to save and borrow money at low rates, and is operated on a not-for-profit basis, with surpluses being returned to members.
What documentation do I need to open a credit union account?
To become a member, you will need to complete a membership application form
If you are a Garda, Garda Reserve or Family member, Garda Civilian Staff over 16 please complete and print this application form in addition to the Deposit Guarantee Scheme Information Sheet and European Communities (Payment Services) Regulation 2009 fact sheet
If you are Under16 years of age complete and print this application form.
To comply with our Anti-Money Laundering obligations, completed application forms should be returned to the office along with original or certified copies of the following documents:
- Photographic Identification (current and valid)
- Driver’s Licence
- Address Verification (must be issued within previous 6 months)
- Household utility bill – electric, gas, telephone, etc.
- Bank/credit card statement
- Proof of your PPS number
- If you are returning any documentation to us by post, all documents must be certified with the wording “Certified true copy of the original document”. Documents can be certified by the following:
- An Garda Síochána
- Practising chartered or certified public accountant
- Notaries public/practising solicitor
- Regulated financial institution
- Justice of the peace
- Commissioner for oaths
- Medical professional
- If you have recently got married – congratulations! If your ID is in your maiden name and you want to use your married name on your new credit union account, we will also require a copy of your marriage certificate.
- If you have any difficulties sourcing these items, please get in touch and we will do our best to assist you with selecting alternative identification documents.
Feel free to drop into our offices with the completed documentation or alternatively, you can return the completed forms and documentation FREEPOST to the following address
St Raphael’s Garda Credit Union
1 – 2 Fox & Geese
You can also open an account here in St. Raphaels for your children. Please provide their birth certificate or Passport along with their PPS number. Please note that we will also need up to date photographic ID and address verification for the parent/guardian opening the account.
Membership has many Benefits…
Flexible & Convenient Loans
Members can take out flexible loans 3 months after joining, and repay at tailor-made schedules. All our loans are fully insured against disability or death.
Electronic Fund Transfer
Members can avail of our EFT service to transfer funds to their bank accounts. If the transfer is done before 11.30am, the funds will arrive in your account on the same day at 4pm. If the transfer is done before 3.30pm, the funds will arrive in your account on the next working day at 7am. Once the funds reach your bank account they are cleared and ready for use. It is a quick and easy way to access your funds.
Dividend on Savings
Every year we pay an attractive dividend on members’ savings, which are also placed in our Life Insurance scheme, offering a free insurance system on your savings.
You can be assured of a professional service from St Raphael’s Garda Credit Union at all times. And you do not pay a transaction fee for saving with us, or borrowing money.
Pay by Direct Debit
Arrange a Direct Debit payment from your bank and be sure of regular payments to your Credit Union account. We will send you a statement showing all transactions.
Take advantage of a host of additional member services available. Ask any staff member for more details about joining the Credit Union, see under Special Offers list of available offers/features available by St. Raphael’s for all our members, you can obtain more information on some of these throughout our website.